As 2017 unveils itself and we are beyond the reminiscing and time spent either in sorrow or in absolute glee about the year that we just graduated from, I want to take a few minutes to make some bold predictions for the Talent Acquisition industry in 2017.
- The Candidate Driven market will completely take hold as companies compete for a diminishing and highly sought after talent pool.
- Automation of relatively routine administrative functions will gain significant prominence in the need to rationalize operations, standardize processes, and drive efficiencies.
- The role of the Talent Sourcer will mature from the finder of talent to the Relationship Consultant/Market Researcher and Analyst/Strategic Partner/Talent Pipeliner. Their place at the table will become more significant, from intake calls throughout the entire hiring process.
- The move to same day interviewing for candidates, especially directly sourced/recruited candidates, will take hold as corporations identify ways to be unique in securing talented professionals and talented professionals demand a more effective use of their time.
- Technology innovators will continue to disrupt the mainstream of ATS and CRM systems and their functionality as stand-alone systems. Fully integrated systems from the initiating of job requests to a candidate being hired will become the norm, especially within large corporations, MSP, and RPO providers. This buy doxycycline 100mg will become known as the Hiring Journey.
- Standardized client delivery models will become the norm as compliance and regulatory controls have a more significant impact on hiring and clients look for a more consistent service model across any and all lines of business.
- Hiring talent will not become more difficult. Hiring Talent will become simpler up front but much more sophisticated behind the scenes.
Although many of these predictions are already a part of our fabric and are, to some degree, entrenched in our industry, many of them have been talked about and conceptualized for years. As the sourcing/recruiting of workers from talented professionals to blue collar workers becomes more complex, as we realize the impact of the “baby boomer” exodus from the workforce over the next decade, I believe that we are on the precipice of significant change with a focus on simple, consistent, stable client delivery and results.
In 2017, PROCESS will run the day much more than it ever has. And the Candidate’s experience will become the driving force behind much of the change needed in today’s hiring environments.